Broccoli Rabe with Beans and Fettuccini
- 1 head of broccoli rabe
- 1/2 cup of water or chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic – chopped
- 19 oz. can of red beans – drained
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lb. of fettuccini
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Heat a sauce pan with the olive oil, garlic, broccoli rabe, red pepper flakes and the chicken broth or water.
Cover and let gently simmer until the broccoli is tender. When the broccoli rabe is tender,snip the broccoli rabe with a cooking scissor to make small bit sized pieces, then add the lemon juice, salt and beans and toss. Cover and turn the heat off.
Prepare the fettuccini as directed.
Plate the fettuccini in a large serving bowl. Top with the broccoli rabe and toss. Add a drizzle of olive oil, grating cheese and a dash of red pepper flakes.
You'll also love
- Plumped Ginger-Caramel Shrimp 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spinach Tart with Olive-Oil... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Spicy Thai Glass Noodle Salad 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Fabulous Old-Fashioned Linguine... 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Linguine with Seafood and Sundried... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Fish Tacos Recipe with Broccoli... 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Creamy Fettuccine with Ham & Peas 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Salmon and Shrimp Fettuccine... 3.9/5 (75 Votes)