Orange Crush Citrus Custard
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Crushed shortbread cookies
- Citrus slices and zest for garnish (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan stir together sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
2. Stir 1 cup of the hot mixture into egg yolks; return to saucepan. Bring just to boiling; remove from heat. Stir in orange zest and vanilla. Pour into a large bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Chill at least 4 hours; do not stir.
3. To serve, layer custard and crushed shortbread cookies into parfait glasses. Top with citrus slices and zest.
Makes 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Short Rib Ragout with Egg Pasta 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- One Pan Chicken & Stuffing with... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Crock Pot Stuffed Cabbage Rolls 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry Sheet Cake 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie 3.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Honey-Orange Syrup 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Honey-Lime Sweet Potato, Black... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)