Paleo Almond butter chicken wings
- 2 cups smooth almond butter
- 1/4-1/2 agave nector/organic honey
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2-1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 2 limes
- 24 wings
For the almond butter chicken wing marinade:
Put almond butter, agave, garlic, lime zest, cayenne pepper, black pepper, fish sauce, water, and lime juice in a large bowl, stir to incorporate and reserve.
For the almond butter chicken wings:
Score the chicken wings to allow the marinade to penetrate the meat. Put the chicken wings in the almond butter marinade. Massage the wings in the marinade and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to a maximum of 24 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
Put the wings on a tray and bake in the oven, turning them over half way through the cooking time, until the meat is cooked and the wings are crisp and golden brown, approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Pesto-Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken... 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Savory Palmiers from Ina Garten 3.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Caramelized Onion, Mushroom, Apple... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Marsala via Cooks Country 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Wheat Belly Grainless Granola 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Thai Sticky Chicken Fingers 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Chickpea & Chicken Coconut Green... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Wasabi-Crusted Chicken Breasts 4.2/5 (13 Votes)