Beet-Orange Bliss Detox Smoothie
Vitamin and antioxidant-packed superfoods, including oranges, carrot juice, beets, and kale, help this dairy-free combo cleanse your system. Betalains in beets support your liver, the body's detoxification center. For a squeaky-clean drink, use organic ingredients. Beet-Orange Bliss Detox Smoothies are the best way to start your day on a health note.
- 1/2 cup chilled unsweetened brewed green tea
- 1/3 cup chilled carrot juice
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked beets
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh chopped kale
- 2 oranges, cut into segments, membranes removed
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from prevention.com
Combine ingredients in high-power blender and puree until smooth. Makes about 2 cups. Divide between 2 glasses.
Nutrition, per serving: 133 cal, 3 g pro, 32 g carb, 6 g fiber, 22 g sugars, 1 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 80 mg sodium
Clear out toxins: Add fresh parsley or celery to complement the natural diuretic properties of green tea.
Amp up nutrition: Whirl in protein-rich raw shelled hemp seeds (we like Hemp Hearts) or ground flaxseed for omega-3s.
Change the flavor: Try spinach or Swiss chard instead of kale; experiment with other citrus fruits, such as tangerine or pink grapefruit.
You'll also love
- Three Cheese Hot Artichoke Dip 4.5/5 (134 Votes)
- Cheesy Mashed Potatoes with Gouda... 4.5/5 (135 Votes)
- King's Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Rolls 4.5/5 (130 Votes)
- Best Steak Marinade in Existence 4.5/5 (129 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Banana Pudding 4.5/5 (127 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Salad 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- French Pancakes with Orange Sauce 4.6/5 (119 Votes)
- Lemon Butter Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (127 Votes)