The lemon filling was the perfect balance of sweet and tart and the crust was flaky and buttery. This recipe is a keeper!
- 2 sticks butter, unsalted and softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (4 to 6 lemons)
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed (8 lemons)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 73mins
Adapted from dessertedplanet.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch pan.
For the crust:
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in the bowl of an electric mixer. Combine the flour and salt and with the mixer on low, add to the butter until just mixed. Add vanilla. Gather the dough into a ball and press gently and evenly into the 9×13-inch pan. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Bake the crust for 18 minutes, until very lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack. Leave the oven on, set to 350°F.
For the Filling:
Whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and flour. Pour over the crust and bake for 30 minutes, until the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature.
Cut into triangles or squares and dust with powdered sugar.
You'll also love
- Cheese & Herb Potato Fans 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Sesame Garlic Roasted Asparagus 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Key Lime Cream Cheese Crumble Cake 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Lasagna 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Cheesy Au Gratin Potato Cupcakes 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Carla Hall's Banana Cream... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie Parfaits 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Strawberry Tiramisu 4.3/5 (30 Votes)