Light, tangy lemon desserts are a refreshing way to end any meal and these lemon bars won't disappoint, they're delicious!
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated (organic is best)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a heavy 8 inch square metal baking pan with foil.
Make the crust: in a medium bowl, combine the melted butter with the sugar, vanilla and salt. Add the flour and mix just until incorporated. Press the dough evenly over the bottom of the pan. Bake in the bottom third of the oven until the crust is well browned at the edges and golden brown in the center, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the topping: In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar and flour to mix. Whisk in the eggs until blended, then whisk in the lemon zest and juice.
Turn the oven down to 300°F, carefully slide the rack with the pan out, and pour the filling onto the hot crust. bake for 20 to 25 minutes longer, until the topping is puffed at the edge and no longer jiggles in the center. Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool completely.
Lift the foil liner and transfer the bars to a cutting board. If the surface is covered with a thin layer of moist foam (not unusual), you can blot it gently with a paper towel. Cut into bars and dust with powdered sugar just before serving if desired.
The bars can be refrigerated in a airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcake 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Baked Southwestern Chicken Egg... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Blueberry Meyer Lemon Muffins with... 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Chicken Trinidad with Orange Rum... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Icing 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies,... 5/5 (1 Votes)