Sturdy Whipped Cream Frosting
"This is a yummy whipped cream frosting that is very stable and does not melt at room temperature unlike many standard whipped cream frostings. It also makes a GREAT dip for fresh fruit--not too sweet, just right! This recipe is GREAT for a stand mixer but will work with any good mixer." --Jo-Lynn
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer.
Fit the mixer with the whisk attachment and mix on medium speed until smooth. While the mixture is still whipping, slowly pour in the heavy cream.
Stop and scrape the bottom of the bowl a couple of times while you continue whipping until the cream can hold a stiff peak.
This whipped cream frosting is very stable and holds up well at room temperature.
Good prep video for this recipe on website. Very helpful tips/suggestions from reviews of this recipe available on website
You'll also love
- Zuppa Toscana Soup (Olive Garden... 4.6/5 (89 Votes)
- Double Wicked Fudge Cake 4.5/5 (99 Votes)
- Butterfinger Dessert 4.4/5 (103 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Guinness Cake with... 4.5/5 (91 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake 4/5 (123 Votes)
- Apple-Spice Cupcakes with Maple... 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting 4.4/5 (52 Votes)