Bacon-Wrapped, Broccoli-Cheese Stuffed Pork Loin
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, (0.9 kg)
- (usually 2 pieces)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 mL)
- Seasoning salt, to taste
- 11/2 cups cooked broccoli florets (375 mL)
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (250 mL)
- 1.5 oz Cheddar cheese slices, broken up (45 g)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Bacon fat for drizzling over pork
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from low-carb-news.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Carefully slice the pork tenderloins open lengthwise, butterfly-style (not all the way through to the other edge). In nonstick skillet, in olive oil over medium high heat, sear pork tenderloins until browned on both sides. Remove to meat cutting board. Open tenderloins and pound flatter. Close and sprinkle liberally with seasoning salt on both sides, top and bottom.
In medium bowl, combine broccoli, Monterey Jack, Cheddar cheese and salt. Open each tenderloin along the fold and fill with broccoli mixture. Carefully close pork over the filling.
On bacon rack in microwave oven, cook bacon (covered with paper towel) until cooked but still pliable. Reserve bacon fat. Wrap each tenderloin in 4 pieces of bacon.
Place stuffed, bacon-wrapped tenderloins in 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) casserole dish and pour reserved bacon fat over meat. Bake approximately 25 to 30 minutes (basting half way with juices in pan), or until instant read thermometer reads 155°F (68°C). Smaller pieces of pork tenderloin will be cooked sooner. Keep that in mind. Check internal temperature of pork after 20 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
70.6 g protein
35.6 g fat
2.8 g net carbs
You'll also love
- Southwestern Chopped Salad with... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Banana Empanadas 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Potato and Corn Chowder 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Rosemary-Olive Oil Potato Chips 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Dublin Coddle Irish Sausage,... 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Soy-Honey Chicken With Lemon... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Easy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice... 4/5 (15 Votes)
- STUFFED PORK LOIN WITH CREAM CHEESE 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Review this recipe