Easy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Looking for an easy way to add veggies to your dinner menu? Try this savory chicken and rice casserole — the broccoli, cheese and rice combine for the perfect kid-friendly meal. You can feel good about it too, because a 1½-cup serving contains only 260 calories! Plus, you’re getting 27 grams of protein.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8.8-oz pouch Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice® Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 10.5-ounce can Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/3 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Sargento® Reduced Fat Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from skinnymom.com
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add the broccoli and blanch for 1 to 2 minutes until it is bright green. Remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add the chicken to the water and bring back up to a boil. Cook the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken breasts and set on a plate to cool. When cool enough to touch, shred the chicken breasts with a fork.
4. Microwave the rice according to package directions and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, mix the soup, Greek yogurt, skim milk, salt and black pepper.
6. Add the chicken, broccoli, rice and ½ cup of cheese to the soup mixture. Use a large spoon to stir and combine ingredients, making sure the soup mixture evenly covers all of the ingredients.
7. Transfer the chicken and rice mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese and the bread crumbs.
8. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.
You'll also love
- Pork Tenderloin, Arugula,... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Kebabs with Soba Noodles 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad with Agave-Toasted... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Greek-Style Chicken Pasta Salad 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Stuffed Chicken Drumsticks 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Fried Chicken Ala Max's 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Oven Fried Chicken w/ Broccoli... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies with Bisquick 4.4/5 (10 Votes)