Oven Roasted Carrots & Zucchini
Healthy and tasty way to eat your veggies! Roasting the carrots and zucchini brings out the flavors. Try different seasonings to find different combinations your family will like.
- 4 large carrots
- 1 large zucchini
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from voraciousvander.com
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Cut the carrots and zucchini into 3-inch sticks, making sure they are even in thickness.
Line a baking tray with baking paper and a light layer of olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper. If you want to be adventuresome, try some of these spices! Paprika, cumin, cayenne, crushed red peppers, thyme, rosemary, sage – really, whatever takes your fancy and suits your meal. Using premixed spice blends is a great option too – Italian, Mexican, Old Bay – you know, just not all at once.
Lightly toss your vegetable batons with a tablespoon or so of olive oil (not too much) and the herbs and spices.
Spread your seasoned veggies over your lined tray and roast, tossing halfway through, for about 20 minutes or until golden and slightly browned at the edges.
You'll also love
- Peaches and Cream No Bake... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes and Leeks 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Peach & Raspberry Pavlova Parfaits 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P3) Low Carb Sugar Free... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Tim Horton's Copycat Fruit... 4/5 (47 Votes)
- Maple Carrot Cupcakes 4.3/5 (24 Votes)