Beet Spinach Salad
- 6 small fresh beets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium orange, sectioned
- 3 tablespoons raspberry hazelnut vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a Dutch oven and cover
with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-60
minutes or until tender. Remove from the water; cool. Peel beets and
cut into 1-in. wedges.
•Divide spinach among four plates. Top with apples, orange and beets.
Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 4