Potato Cheese Soup - (Silver Palate)
- 4 Tbsp sweet butter
- 2 cups yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 6 parsley sprigs
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 large potatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds, peeled and cubed (3 to 4 cups)
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 to 3 cups grated good-quality Cheddar Cheese
1. Melt the butter in a soup pot. Add onions and carrots and cook over low heat, covered, until vegetables are tender and lightly colored, about 25 minutes.
2. Add parsley, stock and potatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes are very tender, about 30 minutes.
3. Add dill, remove soup from the seat, and let it stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
4. Pour soup through a strainer and transfer the solids to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add 1 cup of the cooking stock and process until smooth.
5. Return pureed soup to the pot and add additional cooking liquid, about 3-4 cups, until the soup reaches the desired consistency.
6. Set over low heat, add salt and pepper to taste, and gradually stir in the grated cheese. When all the cheese is incorporated and the soup is hot (not boiling), serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Potato Cheese Soup 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Carrot and Orange Soup - (Silver... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coca-Cola Condensed Milk Crock Pot... 2/5 (2 Votes)
- Braised Leeks with Mozzarella & a... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poor Man's Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream of Chicken & Cheese Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CHUNKY SWEET POTATO CHEESE SOUP -... 0/5 (0 Votes)