Dr Oz Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Apple Carrot Beet Pie With Banana Walnut Ice Cream
- Pie Crust
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoon chia seed ground
- 1/3 cup oatmeal, ground.
- 1/4 cup water
- Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup Muscat or other sweet dessert wine
- 1 cup unsulfured dried apples, chopped
- 3 apples, grated
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots and beets
- 1 / 2 cup shredded coconut
- Banana Walnut Ice Cream
- 2 ripe bananas, frozen
- 1/3 cup vanilla soy milk (hemp or almond milk may also be used)
- 1/2 oz walnuts
- Orange Sesame Dressing
- 2 tbsp unhulled sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts or 1/8 cup raw cashew butter
- 2 oranges, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp Dr. Fuhrman's Riesling Raisin Vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Orange juice, if needed to adjust consistency
Freeze ripe bananas at least 12 hours in advance. To freeze bananas, peel, cut in thirds and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
Blend or food process the almonds and oatmeal. Mash dates with water and ground chia seeds to make a date chia paste and kneed this paste into the oat/almond flour. Then press into glass pie plate.
Mix and marinate the chopped dried apples with the wine overnight in fridge. Then blend together the apples, walnuts, raisins, and dried apple mixture and when smooth, mix in a bowl with the shredded carrots, beets and coconut and spread over pie crust pressing it down into the pie. Let sit in refrigerator with glass plate on top, unti ready to serve with banana walnut ice cream
Blend the frozen bananas, soy milk and walnuts together in a high-powered blender or a food processor until smooth and creamy.
Toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium high heat for 3 minutes, shaking the pan frequently. In a high powered blender, combine sesame seeds, cashews, oranges and vinegar. If needed, orange juice can be added to adjust consistency.
You'll also love
- Shakshuka with Caramelized... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Meatloaf Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Big Batch Banana Muffins 3/5 (1 Votes)
- Cool Whip Jello Salad/Orange &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiral Apple Dumplings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Carrots and Peas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mrs. Thompson's Carrot Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Refrigerator Pickled Beets and... 0/5 (0 Votes)