White Chicken Stew Brew
Here's a delicious chicken stew you can prepare up to 2 days in advance, refrigerate and reheat when ready to serve. The rich flavors will mingle even more!
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned, boned, and coarsely chopped
- 2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 (16-ounce) cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (Optional)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 65mins
Melt butter in Dutch oven over low heat. Add carrot, onion and garlic. Sauté until tender.
Stir in chicken, chicken broth, green chiles, cumin, and red pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
While the chicken mixture simmers, place beans in a medium bowl and mash using a potato masher until about half the beans are still whole.
Add beans and whipping cream to chicken mixture. Cook 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened and hot. Stir in cilantro, if you'd like.
You'll also love
- Zucchini Tomato Gratin 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Clintro Lime Mayonnaise Sauce 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet and Pungent Pineapple Chicken 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Currant & Walnut Stuffing 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Summer Squash & White Bean Sauté 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken & Blue Cheese... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Vegetable Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Scallop Chowder with Bacon 4/5 (1 Votes)