Currant & Walnut Stuffing
Currants give this stuffing recipe a little added tartness and sweetness, with the toasted walnuts giving a bit of a crunch. This twist on the traditional bread stuffing will become a family favorite.
- 12 slices sourdough bread, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup currants
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, stemmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 ounces Egg Starts
- 6 ounces organic egg whites
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the bread into pieces and set aside.
Toast the walnuts on a sheetpan, set aside.
In a large skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until the onions are golden. Add the celery, mushrooms, currants and the herbs and cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove and place in a bowl, fold in the remaining ingredients and season to taste. Place in an oiled 8-inch square ovenproof dish, cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes, uncovered, to crisp the top.
You'll also love
- Pearl's Cobbler 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Icebox Orange Pistachio Cookies 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blackened Catfish 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Corn 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Shortcut Eggs Benedict 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bucatini with Green Peas & Pancetta 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cornbread & Gorgonzola Dressing 4/5 (1 Votes)