Baked Lemon Chicken
- 3-4 pounds chicken legs & thighs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons melted butter
- Lemon slices for garnish
Adapted from navywifecook.com
1. Place lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Place the chicken pieces and the marinade in a large freezer bag. Rotate the bag so that all chicken pieces are coated and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Heat oven to 425. Remove chicken from marinade and place in a single layer in a large, greased baking dish, skin side up. Reserve the marinade. Use a pastry brush to brush a little melted butter on to each piece of chicken.
3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the skins are golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. Half-way through the baking baste the chicken pieces generously with reserved marinade.
4. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.