Grilled Cherry Tomato, Corn, and Goat Cheese Pizza
- 1 ball pizza dough, store bought or homemade
- 2 to 3 tablespoons tomato sauce, store-bought or homemade
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or to taste
- 2 ears sweet yellow corn, shucked and kernels cut off the cob
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
- Freshly chopped basil, for garnish
- Kosher salt and red pepper flakes
Place a pizza stone directly on grates of a grill and preheat covered on high for at least 15 minutes. (You want the grill as hot as possible.)
Roll out the dough (using flour if necessary to prevent sticking) on a piece of parchment paper or pizza peel dusted generously with semolina flour or cornmeal. Add a very thin layer of tomato sauce — less is more for this pizza — and season with salt and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle a small amount of mozzarella on top, followed by the corn and tomatoes.
Slide the pizza onto the pizza stone and cover. After 2 minutes, lift the cover and drop gumball-sized pieces of goat cheese over the pizza. (If cooking on parchment, remove it at this point or it will burn and stick to the pizza.) Cover and finish cooking until desired doneness and crispiness is reached, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Using long tongs, pull the pizza back onto the pizza peel. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before garnishing with basil. Slice and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Apricot Brandy Slush 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Cheese Soup - (Silver... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Carrot and Orange Soup - (Silver... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chirmol (Guatemalen Tomato Sauce) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Pecan Salmon with Lentil... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Three Corn Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Corn in Microwave 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SOUR CHERRY STRUDELS 0/5 (0 Votes)