Carrot and Orange Soup - (Silver Palate)
From the old Silver Palate shop in Manhattan, this was one of their most popular soups.
- 4 Tbsp sweet butter
- 2 cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 12 large carrots, 1 1/2-2 lbs, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock *(you can substitute veggie stock)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- grated fresh orange zest to taste
1. Melt the butter in a pot. Add the onions, cover and cook over low heat until tender and lightly colored, about 25 minutes.
2. Add carrots and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 30 minutes.
3. Pour the soup through a strainer and transfer the solids to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add 1 cup of the cooking stock and process until smooth.
4. Return puree to the pot and add the orange juice and additional stock, 2 to 3 cups, until soup is of desired consistency.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add orange zest. Simmer until heated through. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Coca-Cola Condensed Milk Crock Pot... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Leeks with Mozzarella & a... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy cauliflower puff 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Amaranth Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- AMY GRANT'S GRANDMA GRANT'S BANANA... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Angel Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Citrus Beurre Blanc 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ORANGE PINEAPPLE MARMALADE 0/5 (0 Votes)