Double Blueberry Muffins
- 8 Tbs (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp.sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup whole 2 percent or 1 percent fat milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Adapted from facebook.com
Preheat oven to 375. Line a muffin tin with paper cups (or spray, but I find this does not work well, unless you use silicone muffin tins, which I do for the little one's).
In a mixer with fitted paddle attachment (or use hand mixer), cream the butter until smooth. Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix. Add the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt and mix. In a shallow bowl, mash 3/4 cup of the blueberries with the back of a fork. Add to the batter and mix.
With the mixer running at low speed, add 1/2 of the flour,then 1/2 of the milk, repeat repeat. Fold in the remaining 1 3/4 cups whole blueberries by hand until well mixed. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining 2 Tbsp sugar with the cinnamon. Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar over the muffins and bake until golden brown and risen, 25-30 minutes. Let cool in the pan before turning out.
* This recipe made 18 for me, but could probably make 12 nice large muffins.
* I used frozen blueberries and the recipe worked great!