Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms
Use your extra stuffing for a delicious snack or appetizer
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, stems removed
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 cups leftover stuffing
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 sage leaves, finely chopped
- Serves 6
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from rachaelray.com
Pre-heat the oven to 425?F.
1) Combine the EVOO and garlic in a small saucepot. Cook the garlic until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, par-roast the mushroom caps brushed with garlic oil and seasoned with salt and pepper, cap-side down, until just tender, 10 minutes. Cool.
3) Place the leftover stuffing in a mixing bowl and mix with the beaten egg.
4) Stuff the mushroom caps and top each mushroom with a mix of white sharp cheddar, Parmigiano Reggiano and finely chopped fresh sage.
5) Bake for 20 minutes.