BAKED STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH
These are absolutely delicious and you can eat the shell and all!
Add all of the stuffing ingredients or only the ones you like. Maybe there is something other than the ones listed that you would like instead. Just remember to dice your veggies very fine.
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 2 TBLS. diced jalapenos
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 TBLS. of olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for topping, shredded is good to use but grated will be fine
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Wash squash and put in boiling water for 8 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cool enough to handle. Cut off stem and slice in half. With a spoon, scoop out the insides and place in a medium bowl.
Add to the bowl the rest of the ingredients except for the Parmesan cheese. Mix well and fill the squash shells with this mixture. Top with some parmesan cheese.
Put filled squash on a baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown slightly.
Cut in halves or quarters to serve.
You'll also love
- Cantonese Bbq Pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Healthy Kale and Portobello Lasagna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kevica's Tofu Coconut Curry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corny muffin casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Spaghetti Squash with Beef... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ZUCCHINI WALNUT LOAF 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Yellow Squash and Gruyère Frittata 0/5 (0 Votes)