Pan-Fried Pork Dumplings
This is a classic technique for pan-frying dumplings and this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your arsenal. This recipe for pork dumplings can be changed and filled with whatever you desire. Pan-Fried Pork Dumplings are crisp on the outside and soft and succulent on the inside for the perfect pop-able appetizer any time of the year.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 slice bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup napa cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh chives, minced, about 2 small bunches
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 36 round dumpling wrappers, thawed if frozen
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Lightly beat 1 egg in a large bowl. Add the pork, bacon, cabbage, chives, ginger, sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the sugar, garlic, soy sauce, and cornstarch; mix with your hands until combined.
Lightly beat the remaining egg in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Set 1 dumpling wrapper on a clean surface (keep the rest covered with a damp paper towel so they don't dry out). Scoop 1 heaping teaspoonful of the pork mixture onto the center of the wrapper. Dab a finger into the egg mixture and brush along the edges of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half and press the edges together to seal, then transfer to a baking sheet. Cover with a damp paper towel while you form the remaining dumplings.
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in 3 batches, add the dumplings and arrange in a single layer; cook until the bottoms start to brown, about 30 seconds. Add 2/3 cup water, cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and cook until the liquid evaporates and the bottoms are crisp and golden brown, about 2 more minutes. Loosen the dumplings from the pan with a spatula and transfer to a serving plate. Add 2 more tablespoons oil to the pan between batches.
PONZU DIPPING SAUCE:
Combine 3 tablespoons ponzu sauce, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and 1 chopped scallion in a small bowl.
You'll also love
- Lean Turkey Burgers 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Beef Brisket - Pioneer Woman 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Halloween Sparkle Punch 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheesy Bacon Snack Bread 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy BLT Coleslaw 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Brown Sugar-Bacon Meatloaf 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Zucchini Quiche 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Coconut Cherry Cookies 4.3/5 (10 Votes)