Hähnchen schnitzel (German pan fried breaded chicken cutlets)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb (made from 3 slices white bread or purchased bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken cutlets, pounded to an even 1/4 inch thickness
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Adapted from food.com
Beat eggs in a shallow bowl with garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
In a separate shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs (I pulse the bread slices in the food processor to get nice fresh crumbs) and parmesan cheese.
Place chicken cutlets between two sheets of waxed paper and beat as thinly as possible with a meat mallet.
Dip each cutlet into egg mixture to coat completely, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture, patting it on to help it stick.
For each 2 cutlets, heat 2 tbsp oil in a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat.
Cook 2 cutlets at a time until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Transfer the cooked chicken cutlets to an oven-proof platter or pan, and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining cutlets and making the sauce.
Wipe the skillet clean with paper towels.
Heat butter until melted and add wine.
Heat 30 seconds and stir in broth and lemon juice.
Season with salt and pepper.
Simmer 2 minutes.
Pour broth mixture over cutlets and serve.
Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
You'll also love
- Pan-fried Chinese pancakes 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken... 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Schnitzel with Red Cabbage & Apples 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Pork Schnitzel with Quick Pickles 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Pork Dumplings 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach and Brie Chicken with... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)