Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 3 teaspoons lime zest (you'll need 2 limes)*
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt**
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even 1/2-inch thickness, or 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges for serving (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients except chicken breasts in a 1 gallon freezer bag. Close the bag and squish marinade around to mix. Add chicken breasts and massage marinade into meat until evenly coated. Seal the bag and place it in a bowl in the refrigerator (the bowl protects against leakage); marinate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
2. Clean grill and preheat to high. Lightly dip a wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and, using tongs, carefully rub over grates several times until glossy and coated. (Alternatively, you can spray the grates with a non-flammable cooking spray.) Place chicken breasts on the grill and spoon any remaining marinade from the bag over top. Grill, covered, for 2-3 minutes per side (turn only once). Serve immediately with lime wedges.