Honey Lime Shrimp
Under 300 Calories
- Preferred cooking oil, to taste
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (separate in half)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 pound asparagus, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- White rice (optional)
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from buzzfeed.com
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add shrimp, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon of garlic, honey and lime juice. Mix well. Cook for 2 minutes, or until bottom of shrimp turns pink and opaque.
3. Flip the shrimp and cook an additional 2 minutes or until shrimp are fully pink and there are no gray bits. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
4. In a fresh skillet (or you can clean out the same one), add oil and sauté the asparagus and bell pepper with salt, pepper, and the remaining garlic.
*I recommend cooking the asparagus and peppers in the remaining honey-lime mixture.
5. When the asparagus and bell pepper have reached your desired doneness, add the shrimp back into the skillet and combine.
*Recommend serving over white rice and pouring a small amount of the liquid over the rice.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Amaretto Peach Martini 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Delicious Raspberry Ribbon Pie 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Homemade Freckled Lemonade 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Italian seafood lasagna 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Patties 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Dungeness Crab Potstickers 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- orange jelly slices 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Red Curry Shrimp Dumplings 4.4/5 (11 Votes)