Black Bean Salad with Corn, Red Peppers, Avocado, & Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette
Can be made ahead, great for company.
- 2 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears fresh corn, cooked, cooled and kernels cut off the cob
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (you'll need one medium shallot)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I like Colavita)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (be sure to zest limes before juicing them)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus more to garnish
- 2 Hass avocados, diced
Combine all ingredients except avocados in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. Right before serving, add avocados and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocados. Garnish with a few springs of freshly chopped cilantro if desired. Serve at room temperature.