Apple Glazed Cornish Game Hens with Rice Stuffing
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 box Uncle Bens Wild Rice Chicken Flavor
- 2 cups chicken broth Seasoning pack from Uncle Bens
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cornish game hens
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup melted butter
1. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the almonds, onion, and uncooked wild rice . Saute 5 to 10 minutes. Mix in the chicken broth and seasoning package. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 45 minutes until rice is tender and easily fluffed with a fork.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3. Season the Cornish game hens inside and out with salt, and stuff with the rice mixture. Place the hens breast side up on a rack in a baking pan..
• 12 ounces of apple juice concentrate, thawed
• 3 tablespoons of water
• 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Mix 1/2 cup of the apple juice concentrate with water and pour over the hens. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
While the hens are baking, prepare the sauce on your stovetop. Combine the remaining apple juice concentrate, cornstarch, cinnamon, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and mix well. Simmer over medium heat until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. When the hens have been in the oven for 45 minutes, remove them and brush them with the apple and cinnamon glaze. Return them to the oven and bake for approximately 10 or 15 minutes longer. When ready, the hens should be browned and the internal temperature should be 180 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
You'll also love
- Smoked Pork Tenderloin with Smoked... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Patti Labelles Recipe 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Post Grape-Nuts Meatloaf 4/5 (2 Votes)
- French Onion Soup (Weight Watchers) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Christmas Corn Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cajun Corn (Dinosaur BBQ) 3.9/5 (9 Votes)