Strawberry 7-Up Cake
Make an easy cake with a strawberry cake mix and lemon-lime soda, and make it extra moist by making it a poke cake with strawberry jello! Slice strawberries and whipped cream make it even more delicious.
- 1 (18 ounce) box strawberry cake mix (I prefer Duncan Hines)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cooking oil (not olive oil)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage, drink (7-Up is best)
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3 -4 cups fresh sliced strawberries (or one 1-pound package frozen strawberries, drained very well)
- Cool Whip Topping, thawed
Adapted from food.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Mix all of the cake ingredients together in a bowl; beat well until smooth (about 3 minutes).
Pour cake batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cake tests done.
Cool, and invert (turn over) cake onto a tray large enough to hold the cake.
To make the topping: Dissolve the jello powder completely in boiling water, with the sugar, then add in the COLD water; mix well.
Poke holes all over cake with a straw.
Drizzle the jello over entire top of cake. Place the strawberries slices evenly over and covering all the cake.
Refrigerate cake for 2 or more hours.
Just before serving, top cake with Cool Whip topping.