Shrimp in Coconut and Cilantro Sauce
- 2 lbs. cleaned and deveined shrimp
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons mashed garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup purple onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons wheat flour
- 1 can cream of coconut
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon lobster base
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
Adapted from hispanickitchen.com
1. Clean and season the shrimp, then set aside.
2. Heat the butter in a pan. Add the onion and ginger and cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the wheat flour, cream of coconut, heavy cream and lobster base and cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cilantro and season to taste.
4. In another large pan, bring olive oil to cooking temperature and saute the shrimp on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the sauce and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Garlic Baked Chicken 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- CHICKEN-POMEGRANATE STEW 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Manhattan Style Clam Chowder 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cherry Wild Rice Salad Recipe 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Shrimp in Italian Seasoning 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Red Snapper Fillet with Coconut... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Quickbread - Coconut Sweetbread 4.6/5 (5 Votes)