Pork Chops Verdura
This recipe was prepared with Ragu Spaghetti Sauce.
From: Woman's Day, 22 May 1984
- 4 1/2-inch pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) chicken broth
- 1 jar (15 1/2 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in strips
- 3/4 cups uncooked converted rice
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 cups zucchini squash, thinly sliced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Season chops with salt and pepper; brown on both sides in olive oil in large skillet. Spoon off fat. Stir in chicken broth, spaghetti sauce, onion and green pepper. Bring to boil; cook, covered, 15 minutes. Stir in rice and olives. Arrange zucchini in border around edge. Cover and cook about 45 minutes longer, or until chops are tender.