Panera Bread All-Purpose Stuffing
Start with the basic bread stuffing and then add in the extra ingredients to your preference to make this stuffing really your own! Try different nuts, fruits, rice and even oysters!
- 3 cups Panera sourdough bread in 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery stalks and leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup your favorite additions (such as chopped pecans, chopped water
- chestnuts, toasted sliced almonds, currants, wild rice, gently sautéd chopped oysters)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
To make the bread cubes, start with 1/2 loaf of leftover bread. Remove the crusts and cut the bread into 1/2-inch cubes until you have about 3 cups. Spread cubes out on a cutting board and allow them to dry, if possible overnight.
The next day, place the bread cubes in a large bowl. Add onion, celery, thyme, sage, pepper and your favorite secret ingredient. Toss until they are well mixed. Add the melted butter, using the larger amount if you like your stuffing very moist, and toss gently.
Stuff your 3 to 4 pound chicken or turkey and roast as directed. To prepare stuffing on its own, place it in a shallow baking dish, cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. If the stuffing dries out, you may wish to add a little chicken broth as it cooks.
You'll also love
- Stuffing Muffins 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Wild Rice & Porcini Mushroom... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Oysters Rockefeller Sourdough... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Beef Jerky - NuWave 3.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Gluten Free Bearnaise Sauce 3/5 (8 Votes)
- Soup-Sweet Potato Soup 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)