Soup-Sweet Potato Soup
This simple recipe has a surprise ingredient, cinnamon. It also freezes well.
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- Olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, chopped
- Fresh herbs of choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Water or bone broth
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a medium pot, sautee onion in olive oil until translucent (5 to 7 minutes).
Add sweet potatoes and cook until almost tender (8 minutes).
Add seasonings and fill pot 3/4 full with water or a combination of water and bone broth.
Bring to the boil, then turn down to low heat. Simmer with lid on about 10 minutes.
Use an immersion blender or food processor to blend until smooth.
You'll also love
- Caponata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chiffon Pumpkin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Broccoli Rabe with Salsa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stew with Mushrooms and Penne... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Soup from Scratch 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spring English Pea & Tarragon Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn Maque Choux 0/5 (0 Votes)