Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
This is one of my favorite soup recipes! Just prep it the night before and you can have it completely ready the next night without any extra work! It’s great for busy nights–especially during school and extracurricular nights. No time to bake tortilla strips, no problem! Just grab your fave tortilla chips, give them a quick crush and toss them in!
- Optional toppings:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion (about 1 cup), chopped
- 16 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz can tomato paste
- 10 oz package of corn kernels, frozen
- 2 -10 oz cans of diced tomatoes w/ chilies 1 packet reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 32 oz reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Low-fat sour cream
- Reduced-fat Mexican shredded cheese cilantro
- Lime olives
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 500mins
Adapted from skinnymom.com
1. Place chicken on the bottom of the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients.
2. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. If you don’t have 2 sheets then you will have to bake in shifts.
4. Cut the tortillas into thin strips. Place strips evenly on baking sheets. Mist the tops with more cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the strips are golden brown.
6. Serve on top of the soup!
You'll also love
- Pollo Loco - Mexican Chicken and... 3.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Instant Pot Chicken & Wild Rice... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicken and Okra 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Creamy White Chicken Lasagna Soup 3.8/5 (44 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Roll... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicago-Style Italian... 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Red Chicken Pozole 4.3/5 (4 Votes)