Pan Roasted Salmon with a Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemon zest
- 1 (2-inch) long strip of lemon peel
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 (5-ounce) salmon fillets
- olive oil
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400˚ F.
2. Place the cream, garlic, lemon zest, peel and thyme in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil and then immediately reduce the heat and let this simmer until it has reduced by half. Remove the thyme sprigs, smashed garlic clove and large slice of lemon peel. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Pre-heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and season the salmon with salt and pepper. Add a little olive oil to the skillet and then place the salmon in the pan, presentation side down. Sear for 2 minutes on each side and then transfer the skillet to the oven for 6 or 7 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
4. Remove the salmon from the oven and set aside. Serve with the lemon cream sauce drizzled lightly over the top and garnished with a sprig of thyme.