SHRIMP and CRABMEAT ETOUFFEE
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 1/2 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 3 cups cooked Basmati or brown rice
In a large stockpot, sauté onions and celery in olive oil until softened, about 10 minutes, stir in garlic granules.
Combine chicken broth and flour and stir until smooth. Add to celery mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Add lemon juice, cayenne and Tabasco sauce. Add shrimp and cook about 5 minutes.
Add crabmeat, green onions and parsley and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve over rice.
You'll also love
- TORTILLA CHIP & PEPPER JACK... 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Hog Fish - Cajun Style 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hot Crawfish Spinach Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Calabash Shrimp 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Art's Curried Shrimp 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted-Red-Pepper-and-Crab Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crawfish Etouffee - The Easy Way 3.9/5 (37 Votes)
- Shrimp Etouffee - Instant Pot 4/5 (7 Votes)