Rhubarb Orange Mousse
preparation time: 12 minutes
cooking time: 9 minutes
For a more elaborate presentation, spoon the mousse into stemmed glasses & garnish with orange or strawberry slices marinated in Grand Marnie
- Scant 4 cups (1 litre) rhubarb, cut into one-inch pieces
- 3/4 cups (175 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 strips orange peel
- 2 tablespoons (25 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons (25 ml) orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 envelope (1 tbsp / 15 ml) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 (50 ml) orange juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
- Additional whipped cream & grated orange zest as garnish
In a two-quart (2 litre) casserole dish, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange peel and water.
Microwave, covered, at HIgh for eight to ten min. or until rhubarb is very tender, stirring once.
Remove orange peel; purée rhubarb in a food processor or blender until smooth.
There should be two cups (500 ml)
Stir in orange-flavored liqueur.
In a small glass measure, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice; let stand five minutes to soften.
Microwave at Medium for one minute or until gelatin is dissolved.
Stir into rhubarb mixture; refrigerate for about 45 to 60 min., stirring often, until mixture just starts to thicken. In medium bowl, whip cream until stiff. Gently fold whipped cream into rhubarb mixture. Pour into a six-cup (1.5 litre) serving dish; cover & refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
To serve, pipe whipped cream around edge of mousse & sprinkle with orange zest.
Serves four to six
You'll also love
- Old Fashioned Blackberry Pie 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Homemade Sparkling Grape Juice (or... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Walla Walla Onion Pie 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Polish Sausage Potato Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Butter Flank Steak 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Saffron Quinoa 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beverages - Punch (Orange-yellow... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sour Cream Rhubarb Coffee Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)