Layered Mexican Chicken - Weight Watchers
An amazing Mexican twist on lasagna. Make this Layered Mexican Chicken dish on a weekend and enjoy it all week long - it will last up to five days, covered, in the refrigerator.
PointsPlus™ Value: 7
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
- 2 sprays olive oil cooking spray
- 2 pounds chicken breast, uncooked boneless-skinless
- 30 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free sour cream
- 2 cups reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese, shredded & divided
- 8 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 13 medium corn tortillas, cut in half each
- 1 cup salsa, mild, medium or hot
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Coat a lasagna pan with cooking spray.
Place chicken in a medium saucepan and fill with enough cold water just to cover chicken. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes; drain.
When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces.
Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add beans, sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheese, chilies, cumin and pepper; mix well and set aside.
Arrange 10 tortilla halves in bottom of prepared pan, overlapping pieces to cover surface. Top tortillas with 1/3 of chicken mixture and then layer with 8 tortillas halves. Spoon 1/3 more chicken mixture over top and then top with remaining 10 tortilla halves. Spoon remaining chicken mixture over top and sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.
Bake until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces. Serve with salsa on the side.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Easy Baked Chicken with Garlic and... 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Teriyaki Chicken Wings 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole 4/5 (103 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Chicken and Rice Casserole ... 4.3/5 (53 Votes)
- Cowboy Meatloaf and Potato... 4.1/5 (79 Votes)