The Best Ever Candied Yams
The Best Ever Candied Yams definitely live up to their name and are guaranteed to make your holiday table shine with the sweet and salty combination of candied yams with a fluffy marshmallow topping. This recipe is perfect for any holiday dinner or party, or when you just have a craving for The Best Ever Candied Yams. Make this recipe year after year and watch as they become your family's newest tradition.
- 6 medium sized yams, peeled and sliced
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from iheartrecipes.com
Place the peeled and cut yams into a large pot and cover with water.
Place the pot on the stove top, turn the heat to high, and let the yams boil for about 5 minutes. Then, drain the yams and set the to the side.
In a separate pot, add 1 stick of butter and begin to melt it over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, reduce the heat to low and add in the granulated sugar and the brown sugar. Stir and cook for 1 minute, then turn the heat off.
Sprinkle in the ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground ginger. Stir and add in the vanilla extract.
Place the yams into a buttered baking dish and pour the candied mixture all over the yams.
Fold in the ingredients and make sure the yams are well coated with the candied mixture!
Place the yams in a preheated 375°F oven, uncovered for 20 minutes.
Remove the yams from the oven and add the marshmallows on top.
Place the yams back into the oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until the marshmallows are cooked to your liking.
You'll also love
- Black Bean Quesadillas 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Meat Lasagna (No Noodles) 4/5 (152 Votes)
- Bacon Asparagus Pastry Twists 5/5 (8 Votes)
- Parmesan Spinach Cakes 5/5 (8 Votes)
- Classic Sweet Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Eggnog 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Cheesy Creamed Spinach Casserole 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Cornbread Dressing 4.6/5 (25 Votes)