Mixed greens, potato and green bean salad with walnut dressing
- 1 ounce walnuts (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 6 ounces haricots verts or other green beans, trimmed
- 3 ounces baby mixed greens
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in oven until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Let cool slightly. Finely chop, and set aside.
Whisk together vinegar, yogurt, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the toasted nuts in a small bowl; season with pepper. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Set dressing aside.
Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to a colander to drain. Set aside.
Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Return pan of water to a boil. Add green beans, and cook until tender and bright green, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to ice-water bath to stop the cooking. Transfer to a cutting board, and cut into 2-inch pieces.
Arrange arugula, potatoes, and green beans on a platter. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
You'll also love
- Stewed Squash 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Beef Fajitas (Weight Watchers) 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Madras Lentil Curry 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Kielbasa, Peppers, Onions & Fried... 4.2/5 (51 Votes)
- Skillet Green Bean Casserole 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Grandma's Green Bean Casserole 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Balsamic Green Bean Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)