Madras Lentil Curry
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp. ginger root
- 1 Lg head raw cauliflower (6-7" dia)
- 3 medium raw potato (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia.)*
- 2 Tbs. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- .75 tsp. Salt
- .25 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup Lentils
- 2 1/2 cup canned red ripe tomatoes with green chiles
- 4 oz. plain low-fat yogurt - optional for serving
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan with a lid over low heat.
2. Add garlic and ginger and stir frequently until garlic is tender.
3. Stir in cauliflower, potatoes, lentils, curry powder, cumin and coriander until cauliflower, potatoes and lentils are well coated and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and 1 3/4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for about 30 minutes until veggies and lentils are tender.
6. Stir in peas and stir until peas are heated.
7. Divide into dishes and top with yogurt if desired.