Pumpkin Pie Pudding
Here's a new twist on an old favorite. Serve Pumpkin Pie Pudding for a warm and festive fall treat.
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- Dash of salt
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Combine 6 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Combine milk and egg, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add milk mixture to sugar mixture, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Combine pumpkin and the next 4 ingredients (through ground nutmeg) in a bowl, stirring well. Slowly add pumpkin mixture to milk mixture, whisking constantly. Place pan over low heat, and cook for 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly (do not boil). Divide pudding evenly among 4 dessert bowls, and cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap. Chill.
Line a baking sheet with foil, and coat foil with cooking spray. Place the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, walnuts, and a dash of salt in a small nonstick skillet; cook over low heat until sugar dissolves and is golden (about 3 minutes), stirring frequently to coat nuts. Transfer mixture to prepared baking sheet, and cool completely. Coarsely chop nuts.
Place cream in a bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped cream and about 1 tablespoon nuts.
You'll also love
- Penne Pasta with Spinach and Bacon 4.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Low Carb No Bake Cheesecake 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Mushrooms 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Pull-Apart Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin... 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Funfetti Cake Cheese Ball 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Parmesan Crusted Halibut (Orzo... 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Pumpkin Fluff Pie 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Creamy Rice Pudding 4.8/5 (25 Votes)