Calley's Sweet Potato Pie
My mom's sweet potato pie used to be my all time favorite until I tried this recipe. Sorry mom, but this recipe is much richer and I love all the spices! Serve with the maple whipped cream recipe provided, if desired.
- MAPLE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 170mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Bake sweet potatoes for 1 hour in the oven on a baking sheet. When done, let cool. Scrape the pulp out of the skin, transfer to a large bowl, and mash. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and salt. Add evaporated milk and stir mixture into sweet potatoes. Beat together with mixer until smooth and pour into an unbaked pie shell.
Bake on bottom rack of oven for 1 hour or until center of pie is firm. Serve warm. Add dollop of whipped cream if desired.
MAPLE WHIPPED CREAM:
In a medium bowl, beat together whipping cream and confectioners' sugar. Add maple syrup. Beat together until soft peaks form.
You'll also love
- Mexican Chocolate Cheesecake 4.3/5 (54 Votes)
- Southern Buttermilk Cornbread 4.3/5 (55 Votes)
- Crockpot Beef and Broccoli 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Mandazi African Donuts 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Peach Cake 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- French Coconut Pie 4.1/5 (73 Votes)
- Taco Potatoes 4.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Cupcakes... 4.3/5 (51 Votes)