Southwestern Squash Soup
Adapted from The Joy of Juicing
Rate this recipe 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed (1 cup juice)
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 cup mineral water
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- additional water or chicken broth as needed
- sour cream and tortilla chips
1) Push the squash through the juicer. Set aside 1 cup of the juice.
2) In a blender or food processor, combine 1/4 cup black beans with the mineral water and blend until you have a smooth puree. Set aside the puree.
3) In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the squash juice and black bean puree. Mix thoroughly.
4) Add can tomatoes, rest of the black beans, basil, jalapeno peppers, and chopped cilantro and simmer uncovered over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes.
5) Serve hot or cold, garnish with sour cream and tortilla chips.
You'll also love
- Mango Ice Cream 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Chorizo Mexican Sausage 4.7/5 (29 Votes)
- Baked Cheddar-Broccoli Rice Cups 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Healthy Potato Gratin with Herbs 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Acorn Squash Egg-in-the-Hole 5/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe