Mini Pumpkin Spice Cakes with Orange Glaze
- Oil, for pans
- Flour, for pans
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Orange Glaze:
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 (12-ounce) bag premier white morsels
- Red and yellow food coloring
- Marzipan Stems and Leaves:
- 1 (7-ounce) package marzipan (recommended: Odense)
- Green food coloring
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Oil and flour 8 mini bundt pans. Combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in large bowl. Beat for 2 minutes, or until well blended. Divide batter equally among prepared pans. Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center of cakes comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans on cooling racks for 15 minutes. Invert cakes onto wire rack and cool completely.
For the Orange Glaze:
Heat cream in small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering; remove from heat. Add white morsels and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in food colorings, 1 drop at a time, until desired color is achieved. Drizzle glaze over cakes. Refrigerate cakes for 10 minutes, or until glaze is firm. Cover and reserve any remaining glaze.
For the Marzipan Stems and Leaves:
Place marzipan in medium bowl. Using latex gloves, knead food coloring, 1 drop at a time, into marzipan until desired color is achieved. Divide marzipan into 2 equal pieces. Roll 1 marzipan piece into a 12-inch-long log. Cut log crosswise into 8 equal pieces; set aside to use as stems. Flatten remaining marzipan piece, then place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using rolling pin, roll out marzipan to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a leaf-shaped cookie cutter or small sharp knife, cut out 24 leaves. Decorate cakes with marzipan stems and leaves. Reheat reserved glaze. Serve cakes, passing glaze alongside.
You'll also love
- Popcorn : Theater-style 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Fuyu Persimmon Pie 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Banana Brunch Punch 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Mini Eggplant Pizzettes 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce,... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Bread 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Lemon Sauce for Pancakes 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice No Bake Cookies 4.4/5 (27 Votes)