Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
- Serves 8
- pints vanilla ice cream
- 20 20
- small strawberries, hulled and cut into small pieces (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup
- heavy cream
Adapted from realsimple.com
Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper or foil. Place the pan in freezer to chill, about 10 minutes.
Scoop the ice cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat with a paddle attachment until it's soft but still holds its shape, about 2 minutes. Add the strawberries and beat until the ice cream is pink and the berries start to break down, about 1 more minute. Transfer to the chilled pan and spread to smooth the surface. Freeze until firm, 2 hours or overnight (if overnight, wrap in plastic to prevent freezer burn).
Whip the heavy cream in a clean bowl to form soft peaks. Remove the cake from the springform ring, running a knife around the edge, if necessary. Spread the cream over the cake. Use a hot chef's knife to slice the cake into wedges.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Bars with Fresh... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- No-Bake Caramel Turtle Cheesecake 4.1/5 (61 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Dump Cake 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Trifle 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Strawberry Cucumber Salsa with... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Bananas and Cream Pound Cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sorbet 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Poke Cake 4.4/5 (25 Votes)