Cod Sautéed With Green Peppercorn Sauce
- 2 cod without heads or tails (or other small fish)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns in brine or freeze dried and reconstituted
How to make it
Rinse fish then pat dry with paper towel and lightly salt inside and out.
Put flour on plate and dredge fish in it patting to remove the excess.
In skillet large enough to hold fish heat olive oil over medium heat.
When hot add fish and cook until nicely browned on one side about 5 minutes.
Turn fish and continue cooking until fish is just opaque about 5 minutes longer.
Transfer fish to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
Drain excess oil from skillet and add wine, lemon juice and peppercorns.
Stir with a fork or whisk scraping up bits of fish and floury residue.
Cook sauce until slightly reduced about 3 minutes then spoon over fish and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Grandma Kane's Noodle Kugel 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon and Bing Cherry... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Sweet Potatoes and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cantaloupe And Crab Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon and Capers Shrimp Pasta 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Salad Sandwich 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Hot Water Corn Bread 4/5 (1 Votes)