Croissant Breakfast Bread Pudding in a Slow Cooker
Bread pudding is easy to make in a slow cooker. Made with a mixture of croissants and dinner rolls makes it a lighter bread pudding, that can even be served for breakfast. Serve with the homemade brown butter cinnamon glaze.
- BREAD PUDDING:
- 5 croissants, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 2 dinner rolls, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 2 oranges, zested
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- BROWN BUTTER-CINNAMON GLAZE:
- 1/2 pound butter, 2 sticks
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
In medium mixing bowl, toss bread and orange zest together and set aside.
In separate medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, cream and vanilla together well.
Pour egg mixture over bread mixture and carefully fold together. Fold in berries.
Spread soft butter around inside of slow cooker. Pour bread pudding mixture into slow cooker.
Cook for 4 hours on low, or 2 hours on high.
Serve with Brown Butter Cinnamon Glaze on side.
BROWN BUTTER CINNAMON GLAZE:
In medium sauce pan, heat butter over medium heat till golden brown, remove from burner to cool. Watch it carefully so it doesn't burn.
Add sugar and cinnamon to the browned butter until it is slightly thickened. Serve warm with the bread pudding
Glaze may be made in advance and reheated on low heat in microwave until just softened.
You'll also love
- One Pot Chicken and Rice with Peas... 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Asian Green Beans 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Stuffed Peppers 4/5 (51 Votes)
- Jamaican Carrot Cake 4/5 (54 Votes)
- Baked Red Velvet Donuts 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Cafe' Vienna Coffee Mix - Great... 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Bacon Spinach Cheese Ball 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bars with Brown Sugar... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)