Christmas Pecan Divinity
Easy, melt-in-your-mouth divinity is easy to make in the microwave. Great for your Christmas candy trays and Christmas gift giving.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped or ground pecans
- Saran Wrap
- Waxed paper
It helps to get everything ready before you start:
Chop or grind pecans and set aside.
Crack the egg whites in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
In a 1-1/2 quart glass casserole dish, stir together the sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt. Cover tightly with Saran plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Stir well, return to microwave UNCOVERED for an additional 4 or 5 minutes, or until it reaches the hard-ball stage, or 265 degrees on a candy thermometer. (Or when it forms a hard ball when dropped into cold water.) Stir and set aside to cool for about 4 minutes while you beat the egg whites.
Beat egg whites on high speed of mixer until stiff peaks form. Pouring in a thin, steady stream add the sugar mixture to the egg whites while beating constantly on high speed of mixer until it starts to lose its gloss and holds together well, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and nuts.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the waxed paper about 1-1/2 inches apart. Allow time for candy to set.
You'll also love
- Christmas Party Cranberry Dip 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Cheese-Garlic Bread Spread 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate-Dipped Marshmallows 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Buttermilk Pancakes for Two 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicky Cupcakes 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Gorgonzola & Toasted Walnut Spread 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Mint Oreo Cookie... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Maple Cream Fudge 4.2/5 (33 Votes)