Gambas al Ajillo (Shrimp in Garlic Sauce)
This dish is a popular shrimp dish in Spain and can be enjoyed as a main course or tapa (appetizer).
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup large shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon of chile pepper of your choice, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
Adapted from hispanickitchen.com
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet, on medium high, and add the garlic and cook for about 10 seconds until it begins to float in the oil and make bubbles.
2. Add the shrimp and cook on high for about 1-2 minutes, or until they turn pink. Do not overcook, or the shrimp will toughen up.
3. Add the chile pepper and stir.
4. Add the brandy and flambe for about 20 seconds. Add the parsley, salt to taste and enjoy.