Salisbury Steak with Mushrooms
I made adjustments, using 1.5 pounds of ground venison.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cups chopped onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons of water
1. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, chopped onion, egg, salt, and black pepper in a bowl until evenly mixed. Shape beef mixture into 4 patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
2. Fry patties in a large skillet over medium heat until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Add beef broth, thinly sliced onion, and mushrooms, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until patties are no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes more. Transfer patties to a platter and keep warm.
3. Bring onion mixture to a boil. Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl; stir into onion mixture. Cook and stir until onion gravy is thickened about 1 minute. Pour over patties (and serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.)
(1. I used 1.5 pounds of ground venison
(2. I toasted 2 slices of whole grain bread for the bread crumbs
(3. I used at least 1/2 cup of chopped onions mixed in the
(4. I used 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
(5. I used a whole package of fresh mushrooms